An easy and super tasty Zucchini and Vegetable Slice recipe that’s a perfect freezer-friendly dish to prepare for a new mum.
When a friend or family member has a baby and becomes a new mum, I like to give them some freezer-friendly food. It means they have a quick snack on hand if they’re hungry and haven’t managed to get to the supermarket. This Zucchini and Vegetable Slice is the perfect freezer food for new mums. It can be served up as lunch, put in hubby’s lunchbox, dished up as an easy dinner or even doubles as a snack for unexpected visitors.
This slice is really yummy and filled with so many vegetables – my kids really enjoy it too! This recipe can be made the old fashion way with a grater and mixing bowl, or using a Thermomix (both recipes are below).
I often make this Zucchini and Vegetable Slice the conventional way – and it’s so easy! Simply grate or chop all your desired veggies (I use zucchini, carrot, corn, and onion) and pop them in a bowl with your diced bacon, cheese, flour, oil and eggs.
Spoon the mixture into a baking tin, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake until golden and cooked through (normally about 35 to 45 minutes).
Once cooked I cut the slice into squares so that I can freeze them in individual portions.
Zucchini and Vegetable Slice
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, finely diced
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 160C, fan forced.
- Grease or line 30 x 20cm slice tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl add zucchini, carrot, onion, bacon, corn, cheese, flour, oil, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Spoon into prepared tin and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake slice in oven for 35-45 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely, or serve warm.
- TIP: Cut into snack size squares to freeze easy individual portions.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Thermomix: Zucchini and Vegetable Slice
- 120g tasty cheese
- 120g (1 cup) parmesan cheese
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 3 rashers bacon
- 2 zucchini
- 200g corn kernels, frozen
- 150g self-raising flour
- 90g oil
- 5 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 30×20 lamington pan with baking paper.
- Add tasty cheese to TM bowl and chop for 8 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
- Add parmesan cheese to TM bowl and chop for 8 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
- Add onion, carrot and bacon to TM bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 4.
- Add zucchini and chop for a further 3 sec/speed 4.
- Add corn, flour, oil, eggs, salt & pepper and reserved tasty cheese to TM bowl and stir for 5 sec/counter-clockwise/speed 4 until just combined.
- Pour the mix into prepared tin, sprinkle with parmasen cheese
- Cook for 30-35 minutes until firm and golden brown.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Zucchini and Vegetable Slice recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.