As a mother of 2 I am always looking for healthy eating inspiration. I love nothing more than a quick and easy recipe to whip up knowing the whole family can indulge without the guilt factor. In my household we like to go ‘clean’ with as much of the food we eat as possible, so this means none of the bad unnecessary stuff like preservatives. I like to go as close to nature as possible with the food we eat. So with this in mind I give you this quick and easy treat that I guarantee will leave you asking for more.
All you need is 6 ingredients, 6 minutes of your time and a freezer! Try to go organic with as many of the ingredients as possible.
Peanut Butter Banana Cups
- 1 large banana
- 1 1/2 cup organic peanut butter (you only want the ingredients label to read peanuts)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate (the higher the cocoa amount the better)
- 1tbsp flaked almonds
- Slice banana into 12 equal sized pieces and place one in each hole of muffin tray.
- Mix peanut butter, honey and coconut oil together. Pour evenly over slices of banana in muffin tray.
- Melt choc and spread over peanut butter mixture.
- Place flaked almonds on top to decorate.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife