A reader recommended dish that’s quick and easy to make, and perfect for a family meal on a cold night.
This meal comes courtesy of Emma, whose family referred to this dish as a casserole, as they make it in a casserole dish. Whatever you call it though – pasta bake or casserole – it’s very yummy, and was a definite hit with my kids (hubby wasn’t as keen, but he’s more of a chilli man so would’ve preferred a little more flavour).
What I loved about this recipe was that I could make it ahead of time, and then when I was away for work all the family had to do was reheat it.
Whilst the pasta was cooking, I browned the mince in a frying pan before adding the onion and garlic, and later the tomato soup and corn.
I have always disliked tomato soup and have never bought it until now for this recipe, but my family actually thought it made the bolognese sauce taste really good.
Once the pasta finished cooking I added the mince mixture to the saucepan, stirred through and then poured into a casserole dish and cooled. I then covered it and placed it in the fridge for the family to cook the following night.
Add some cheese and bake in the oven until crisp and golden.
This recipe can easily be jazzed up with additional ingredients. One reader who watched me cook this on Instagram, suggested I add pineapple pieces and peas to the dish.
Beef and Corn Pasta Bake
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 short-cut bacon rashers, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 420g can tomato soup
- 420g can creamed corn
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook mince over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Add onion, bacon and garlic, stir through and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour in soup and corn, stir through and bring to the boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add mince mixture to pasta, toss to stir through.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 3L capacity baking dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake pasta bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Quick Beef and Corn Pasta Bake recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.