I was giving my pantry a clean out and found I had an abundance of Macadamia’s which I thought I should use up. Good predicament to be in, as I LOVE macadamias which are best described as the nut with a creamy flavour and velvety crunch. These Raspberry White Choc Macadamia Muffins are a nice sweet treat to have with a cuppa or give to the kids as an after school snack.
Like I do with all my muffins I put them into the freezer the day I baked them. Then when I’m ready to eat them I leave them on the kitchen bench for an hour to thaw, pop them in the microwave to defrost or simply place into the kids lunchboxes (our school doesn’t have a nut free policy) frozen and they are usually defrosted by lunch time.
Raspberry White Choc Macadamia Muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125g butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamias, roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin patty cases,
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, egg, butter and milk. Mix to combine.
- Add macadamia’s, choc chips and raspberries, gently fold through.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes, then put
ontoa wire rack to cool.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Thank you to Australian Macadamias for sending me a delicious supply of fresh Macadamias to bake with.
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
MANGO MACADAMIA MUFFINS – These Mango Macadamia Muffins are super delicious and moist with a delightful crunch of macadamia. View my Mango Macadamia Muffins recipe here.
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI MUFFINS – These Choc Chip Zucchini muffins are moist and tasty! Freezer friendly, and make a perfect snack for the kids school lunchboxes. View my Choc Chip Zucchini muffin recipe here.