These Mango and Passionfruit Muffins are a delightful tropical treat. They are delicious, a little tangy and will have your mouth watering at every bite. Perfect for a morning tea or lunch snack.
I love passionfruit, and it’s the season for passionfruits right now. If you’re lucky enough to be growing your own, you will especially love this recipe. The passionfruit together with the mango makes these muffins simply irresistible. I was just told recently that you can purchase frozen passionfruit pulp, so I am going to look for this at my next grocery shop and try it next time with this recipe.
As you know I freeze everything I bake so that I have snacks on hand to take to work for lunch and pack into the kid’s lunch boxes. Although 2 members of my family aren’t fans of mango, so all the more for me. You could also use apples or peaches in this recipe if you didn’t have any mangos available or if you have fussy eaters who prefer other fruit.
You’ll find more freezer friendly muffins, cookies, bliss balls, slices and more in my new Lunch Box Recipe cookbook. Order today to save $5 and ensure you don’t miss out! This offer ends 6th March 2019.
Mango and Passionfruit Muffins
- 2 cups
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 165ml coconut milk
- 4 passionfruits
- 1 small mango, diced into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin patty cases.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer add flour, sugar, oil, egg, vanilla and coconut milk. Mix to combine.
- Add passionfruit pulp from 3 of the passionfruits and half the diced mango to
bowland gently fold through.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Drizzle each muffin with remaining passionfruit pulp and mango.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes, then put onto a wire rack to cool.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Choc Chip and Nut Biscuit recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes, or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.