These quick and easy Apple Muffins are perfect for popping in the freezer and having on hand for school lunches and afternoon snacks.
These Apple Muffins are so quick and easy to make – they only take 15 minutes to prep! I always make a double batch of these babies so there’s plenty to freeze and have on hand for afternoon snacks and school lunches. I like to dice the apples in this recipe, but if your child is not a fan of the apple chunks you could grate the apple instead.
I like to bake these up and put them in the freezer so they are ready for the kid’s school lunches. This is one of 50 lunchbox recipe from my Lunch Box Recipes Cookbook with sweet and savoury recipes in this book range from muffins and cookies, to bliss balls, slices and more! They provide the entire family (kids and adults alike) with quick and healthy alternatives to boring lunch box sandwiches. Simply grab one out of the freezer in the morning, for a no-fridge, no-heat lunch that’s ideal for school or work – they make great afternoon snacks too!
Take the time over the next few weeks to start stocking up your freezer with some goodies ready for Back to School.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup apples, diced
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Have on hand your silicone muffn tray, or alternatively, grease 12 hole muffin pan or use patty cases.
- In a large bowl sift flour and add salt, sugar and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Add egg and milk, mix to combine.
- Stir in melted butter and apple, gently fold through mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake muffins in oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Apple Muffin recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.