- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 3 cups untoasted muesli or rolled oats
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup sunflower
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds/pepitas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease and line the base and long sides of 19 x 29cm slice pan.
- Combine the honey, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat. Combine the muesli/oats, sultanas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour over the hot syrup and stir to combine. May look a bit dry but it turned out okay.
- Spoon into pan and press gently with the back of a spoon
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp (makes the house smell DEVINE)
- Remove from oven and set aside in the pan to cool.
- MAKE SURE IT’S COMPLETELY COOL BEFORE SLICING (other wise it crumbles badly)
- enjoy and try not to eat them all yourself before they make it to a lunch box 😉
By Kat – The Organised Housewife