I visited some friends recently and as it is the season of ‘bringing a plate’, I made these really quick and easy mini smoked salmon pikelets also known as salmon blinis, ooh they were so so good. I purchased pre-made pikelets, but you could make your own if you have the time.
Firstly I mixed the cream cheese, chopped herbs and lemon juice into a bowl, then spooned into a zip lock bag, snipped a corner and swirled the mixture onto each pikelet.
Place pieces of smoked salmon on top and sprinkle with chives.
Mini Smoked Salmon Pikelets
- 250g spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 200g smoked salmon
- 1 packet of mini pikelets
- extra chopped chives
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, lemon juice, parsley and chives, mix to combine well
- Spoon cheese mixture into a zip lock bag. Cut on corner to swirl mixture onto pikelet
- Top each piklet with pieces of smoked salmon
- Sprinkle with chopped chives
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe