This savoury mince recipe is quick to make, comes packed full of veggies, and my kids absolutely love it!
Savoury mince makes me a little nostalgic – when I was younger I visited my Nan every Tuesday for dinner, and more often than not she served us savoury mince with mashed potato and vegetables. These days I often make my own kids savoury mince for dinner, although when I do I usually serve it on toast – that’s the great thing about savoury mince, it’s so versatile!
It’s a super quick and easy dish to make – it only takes me 20 minutes to make.
I add in diced carrot, corn and peas, but you could use capsicum or zucchini if you like too.
This is a great meal idea for those nights you are needing a quick and easy dinner.
With the cold weather setting in, it’s a great time to start creating home-cooked meals like this one. For more hearty dinner ideas, be sure to check out my new cookbook!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons beef gravy powder
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion, carrot and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mince, cook and stir for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle gravy powder over mince mixture, cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in stock, stir. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Add worcestershire sauce, peas and corn, stir through and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Savoury Mince recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.