This savoury mince recipe is quick to make, comes packed full of veggies, and my kids absolutely love it!
Savoury mince makes me a little nostalgic – when I was younger I visited my Nan every Tuesday for dinner, and more often than not she served us savoury mince with mashed potato and vegetables. These days I often make my own kids savoury mince for dinner, although when I do I usually serve it on toast.
That’s the great thing about savoury mince, it’s so versatile!
It’s a super quick and easy dish to make – it only takes me 20 minutes to make.
I add in diced carrot, corn and peas, but you could use capsicum or zucchini if you like too.
This is a great meal idea for those nights you are needing a quick and easy dinner.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon garlic mince
- 500g beef mince
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons beef gravy powder
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large frying pan, add garlic and onion. Cook stirring until onion is soft.
- Add mince, stir until browned and cooked, breaking up mince to avoid clumps.
- Add in carrots and gravy, stirring for 1 min.
- Pour in stock, stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 min until sauce thickens.
- Add worcestershire sauce, peas and corn, stir through and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Savoury Mince recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.