Usually I share meal plan posts on a Monday, however I was really eager to share this recipe with you, meal planning posts will be back next week! I am sure I always say this when I share a fish recipe… we don’t eat fish enough in our home, so I get excited when I create a meal that the whole family enjoy and it’s a fish dish! My kids loved this mild fish curry.
It wasn’t very hard to put together and is filled with loads of vegetables, onion, zucchini, carrot and pumpkin. You really don’t need to limit it here, these types of dishes are brilliant for throwing together whatever you have in the fridge. Serve with brown rice.
Mild Fish Curry with Rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 400g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 heaped tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 700g snapper (or firm white fish), cut into 2cm pieces
- salt and pepper, to season
- Rice, to serve
- Cook enough rice to serve required amount, see packet for directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, zucchini, carrot and pumpkin, stir for 3-5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Spoon curry paste over vegetables, gently stir to coat vegetables, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with lid and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add fish and gently stir.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 mins or until fish is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve with rice.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Tuna Mornay – My mum used to make Tuna Mornay for us all the time as children. I remember when she began to make this for us, it wasn’t long after she purchased her first microwave oven. She went and had lessons at the local TAFE on how to use it and came home with a folder full of microwave recipes. Sounds similar to what the thermomix is today, newest greatest gadget and you can go and get lessons. Mum always served the mornay on toast and as per the recipe suggested she served it with crushed potato chips. VIEW RECIPE HERE.
Pan Fried Fish – simple and lightly seasoned. VIEW RECIPE HERE.
Crispy Oven Baked Fish – This is an easy and light meal, the fish was cooked beautifully in the oven along with a nice and crisp crumb. VIEW RECIPE HERE.
Curried Fish and Vegetable Pot Pie – This pot pie would make enough to feed 8 people, I used an extra large rectangular casserole dish. Use the rest for left overs for following day, dinner or lunch or halve the recipe for a serving of four. VIEW RECIPE HERE.