I have a big soft spot for Mexican, it puts smiles on all the faces in our home. When the kids were younger I used to put only half the taco seasoning into the dish so it’s wasn’t so spicy and as they got older I gradually increased the intensity. Now my son adds chilli and jalapeños to most of our Mexican dishes.
This is a really easy dish to throw together on a busy weeknight, all you need to do is cook some pasta, brown some mince.
Then add all the other ingredients (except the cheese) into the saucepan, mix.
Spoon into a casserole dish, top with cheese and cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese has browned. Serve with salad.
Try this Mexican Pasta Bake for an easy and super delicious weeknight dinner.
Mexican Pasta Bake
- 2 cups trivelle pasta
- 500g beef mince
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 400g red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup mild salsa
- 30g taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup tasty cheese, grated
- spring onions, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Return pasta to hot saucepan set aside.
- In a large frying pan cook mince and garlic over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Place mince into the saucepan of cooked pasta along with beans, tomatoes, salsa and seasoning, stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook in oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Serve with a sprinkle of spring onions.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Recipes you may enjoy
Mexican Chicken Rolls – Ooh we so love Mexican in this household. The girls and I like most dishes as I make them, but the boys (so macho) like to add in extra dashes of chilli sauce or jalapenos. We often have chicken rolls for lunch on the weekends, but this took the traditional chicken and mayo roll to a whole new level. If you love Mexican you must try this! Click here to view recipe.
Chicken Enchiladas – Chicken Enchiladas are one of our family favourite Friday night dinners, I think I say this all the time when I share a mexican recipe, but we truly do love anything and everything mexican in our household. I love that this recipe is so quick and easy to prepare, with the option to poach your own chicken or skip this step and save a few minutes and buy a BBQ chook. Click here to view recipe.
Healthy Chicken Quesadillas – I LOVE Mexican with quesadillas being one of my favourite dishes. So easy to make, a great weeknight family meal. Lay a tortilla on a sandwich press, add filling plus cheese, top with another tortilla. Cook until cheese has melted and tortillas browned. If you don’t have a sandwich press you could use a frypan, however it can be a little tricky to flip. Click here to view recipe.