A delicious beef and pasta bake recipe perfect for busy parents wanting a quick and easy Mexican-inspired dinner to serve the whole family.
My family have a big soft spot for Mexican – it puts a smile on all our faces! When the kids were younger I used to put only half the taco seasoning into this dish so that it wasn’t too spicy. As they got older I gradually increased the intensity, and now my son adds chilli and jalapeños to most of our Mexican dishes.
This is a really easy dish to throw together on a busy weeknight, all you need to do is cook some pasta, brown some mince, then add all the other ingredients (except the cheese) into the saucepan and mix. I then spoon into a casserole dish, top with cheese, and cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has browned – it’s such an easy pasta bake!
If you’re looking for an easy and super delicious weeknight dinner, look no further than this Mexican Beef Pasta Bake.
ENAMEL BAKING TRAYS
These Falcon Enamel products are fabulous for bakes like this one! They’re incredibly popular because of the strength of enamelware which is durable, smooth and chemical-resistant. If you drop it, it may chip but it won’t break.
I am totally converted to enamel bakeware. I love them cause they are lightweight and super easy to clean, I’ve been using The Pink Stuff Cream Cleanser when my roasts make a huge mess.
- Dishwasher safe
- Freezer Friendly
- Suitable for gas and electric
- NOT suitable for Microwaves
- PTFE & PFOA FREE – so chemically safe
- various colour options available
Mexican Beef Pasta Bake
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 30g taco seasoning
- 400g red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup mild salsa
- ½ cup tasty cheese, grated
- Spring onions, finely sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook mince over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in taco seasoning. Mix to combine and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add mince, kidney beans, tomatoes and salsa to pasta. Toss to stir through.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 12-cup (3L) oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with spring onions. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Want more tasty and convenient dinner ideas like this one? Then check out my Hearty Dinners Recipe Cookbook.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Mexican Beef Pasta Bake recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.