Chicken Enchiladas are one of our family favourite Friday night dinners, I think I say this all the time when I share a mexican recipe, but we truly do love anything and everything mexican in our household. I love that this recipe is so quick and easy to prepare, with the option to poach your own chicken or skip this step and save a few minutes and buy a BBQ chook.
I’ve used a multigrain tortilla, available at the supermarket. As the chicken mixture is not very wet you can make these enchilada’s the day before, just pour over the salsa and sprinkle with cheese before baking.
Be generous with your cheese.
Mexican Chicken Enchiladas
- Salt and pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup fresh corinader
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 8 corn tortillas
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to the boil
- Add the chicken, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 – 12 minutes.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and shred with a fork.
- Add oil into a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, capsicum and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Cook vegetables until soft, 5 – 6 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, sour cream, chicken, coriander and 1/2 cup tasty cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup of salsa in a baking dish.
- Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla, roll and place seam side down in the dish.
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with salad
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.