A delicious, healthy and simple Parmesan Chicken Meatball recipe, packed with tasty fresh ingredients like spinach, tomatoes and basil.
Meatballs are a great weekend meal. I love to make them on a Saturday night when I can have the TV on in the background whilst I am rolling out the meatballs.
These Spinach Parmesan Chicken Meatballs are a fun healthy twist on traditional beef meatballs, and taste delicious served over pasta or with steamed vegetables.
If you’re wanting to save time and you can use tinned tomatoes instead of making your own fresh tomato sauce.
Spinach Parmesan Chicken Meatballs in Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- In a large bowl add mince, spinach, cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper mix well to combine.
- Roll mixture into balls, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes, saute for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir through basil. Remove sauce from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in frying pan over medium to high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning frequently until all sides are golden brown and meatballs are cooked through.
- Add tomato sauce cooking for a further 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Spinach Parmesan Chicken Meatballs in Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
July 18, 2019
September 14, 2018
March 24, 2017
January 30, 2016
WINTER DINNER IDEAS EBOOK – My Winter Dinner Ideas eBook is a collection of my favourite winter meal ideas for your whole family. 24 easy-to-make recipes that will warm and nourish your family during the colder seasons, ranging from soups to curries, pies, casseroles and more.