We often have mashed potato, the kids love it and it’s a great side to any meat and 3 vegetable style dinner. However lately I have been trying to come up with alternatives. I made some cauliflower puree recently, just for something different, it’s certainly going to remain one of my go-to side dish ideas as the kids really enjoyed it!
- 1 small head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 30g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to season
- Boil water in a large saucepan on high heat.
- Add cauliflower, cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return to saucepan.
- Add butter and garlic and mash in saucepan until just smooth (may still be grainy).
- Stir through cheese and season with salt and pepper.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Here are some other cauliflower puree recipes you may like:
Cauliflower Puree with Thyme, recipe from Once upon a Chef, using chicken stock, salt, butter and thyme.
From Martha Stewart, using chicken stock, sour cream and butter.