Not only are these Chicken Cakes delicious, but they are also an important part of our kids growth and healthy diet. High protein lunchbox ideas are important for kids of all ages as it provides a boost of energy for the afternoon.
This is a really simple recipe, not too overpowering in flavour for the little ones. If you like you can add some oyster or fish sauce, or chilli flakes to the mix for extra flavour. If you find the mixture isn’t sticking together well, add an extra egg yolk.
LUNCHBOX RECIPE – Chicken Cakes
- 500g lean minced chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Use a regular sized silicone muffin tray or if using a tin tray spray with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Place mince, garlic, onion, capsicum, zucchini, soy sauce, egg and parsley into a food processor and chop until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce, if desired.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife