This Ham, Vegetable and Noodle Lunchbox Bite recipe is a delicious and nutritious alternative to boring school lunch sandwiches.
In paid partnership with MAGGI
If you’re looking for a tasty, nutritious and easy-to-make sandwich alternative for your child’s school lunch box, then look no further! Made with wholegrain, protein and fibre, these Ham, Vegetable and Noodle Lunchbox Bites tick all the right boxes… and if that’s not enough reason to get you smiling, there’s a chance to win a $200 Woolworths gift card below!
These nutritious and affordable lunchbox bites really pack a punch and are super simple to make. They freeze really well too, so are perfect for popping in the freezer and having on hand for a quick breakfast, an easy school lunchbox filler or an afternoon snack.
If you’ve got leftover veggies in the fridge that you need to use up, then this recipe is brilliant. I pack my Lunchbox Bites with these veggies (carrot, zucchini and corn!), MAGGI Wholegrain 2 Minute Noodles, eggs, ham and cheese – so yummy! The eggs give them a quiche-like texture and the MAGGI noodles provide a source of wholegrain and fibre.
Once all the ingredients are prepped, they can all be mixed together in a bowl ready for baking.
I made my Lunchbox Bites in a muffin tray because it was fuss-free, and created the perfect sized bites for a school lunchbox. The remaining mixture I put into a loaf pan which made really yummy slices. You can put the entire mixture into a large rectangular pan if you prefer the slices, to the muffin style bites.
I like to use silicone bakeware for this recipe because it makes cleaning up a breeze! I did line my silicone loaf pan with baking paper to make the slice come out easier, so there is no need to oil the pan. You can view these products here.
These bites can be eaten hot or cold. I like to freeze them and pop them straight into the kid’s school lunchboxes in the morning, so they’re fresh and perfectly defrosted by lunchtime.
You can make a bunch of tasty snacks using the MAGGI 2 Minute Wholegrain Noodles, but I especially love to use the wholegrain variety so that I can get extra wholegrain goodness – as well as some extra fibre – into my kid’s diet. Check out my 5 quick ways to jazz up 2 minute noodles here.
Ham, Vegetable and Noodle Lunchbox Bites
- 1 packet of MAGGI 2 Minute Wholegrain Noodles, chicken
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 200g shaved ham, chopped
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C, fan forced.
- Have on hand your silicone muffn tray and loaf pan or alternatively, grease 12 hole muffin pan or use patty cases and line a loaf pan.
- Cook MAGGI 2 Minute Wholegrain Noodles as per pack instructions, reserving the flavouring sachet.
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- Add eggs and flour into a large bowl and whisk together until mixture is smooth.
- Add cooked MAGGI 2 Minute Wholegrain Noodles, zucchini, carrot, corn, onion, garlic, ham, cheese, oil and noodle flavouring sachet into bowl.
- Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan, filling 3/4 of each to create individual bites. Pour remaining mixture into loaf pan to create a slice.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in tray for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely or serve warm.
- Place in freezer once cool. Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Checkout my cookbook for 50 more easy, freezable and affordable lunch box recipes with my Lunch Box Recipes Cookbook.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Ham, Vegetable and Noodle Lunchbox recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
If you’re wanting more after school snack ideas for your children (plus this FREE PRINTABLE!), check out this blog here.
1 LUCKY READER WILL WIN A $200 WOOLWORTHS GIFT CARD!
Thanks to MAGGI 1 lucky reader has the chance to win a $200 Woolworths gift card.
HOW TO ENTER:
Share in the comments below, how you like to prepare your MAGGI 2-Minute Noodles?
GIVEAWAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS – This giveaway run in accordance with my disclosure policy, please read the terms and conditions below:
1. Entries must be made on The Organised Housewife blog, comments on social media are invalid. 2. Entries close 11.59pm AEST Wednesday 5th February 2020. 3. One entry per household and open to Australian residents only. 4. This giveaway is a game of skill. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered. 5. Total prize pool is valued at $200. 1 winner will receive a Woolworths $200 gift card, not redeemable for cash. 6. Winner will be contacted by email, please ensure you leave your email address. 7. If I have not received a reply from the winner within 7 days the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the entry judged to be the next best. 8. The Organised Housewife will take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners. 9. Promoter of this giveaway is The Organised Housewife.
Pin this image below to Pinterest!
This post is run in accordance with my disclosure policy.