I had quite a few zucchini’s that I needed to use up recently so I made the kids some Cheesy Zucchini & Ham bread for their lunch boxes. I was pleasantly surprised that they loved it and asked for it again the next day. The lunchbox below can be found here.
This is a great way to use up excess vegetables you have in the fridge, I used zucchini, corn, ham, herbs, spring onion, you could also add in capsicum.
Cheesy Zucchini & Ham Bread
1 hour 10 mins
- 2 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 ½ cups tasty cheese, grated
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 125g creamed corn
- 2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 100g ham, finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, basil)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- Salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease a loaf tin and set aside
- In a large bowl add flour, cheese, zucchini, corn, onion, ham and herbs, mix to combine.
- In a jug mix the oil, milk, eggs, salt & pepper with a fork, whisk well.
- Pour the milk mixture into the bowl, stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Store in the fridge
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.