Mongolian Lamb Stirfry is another great quick and easy weeknight recipe.
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 500g lamb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Place lamb into a bowl.
- In a jug combine the soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine, stir.
- Pour sauce over lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Slowly stir the stock into the cornflour, mixing well to smooth out any lumps. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook lamb in two batches until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and capsicum to the pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Return the lamb to the pan along with the stock mixture and oyster sauce, stir gently until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with steamed rice.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
More stir fry recipes you may enjoy
BEEF AND GARLIC STIR FRY – A fast and easy family weeknight meal. This can be served as per the recipe, or add in some vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, capsicum, cabbage and more to stretch it to feed more, make leftovers and add/or extra nutrients.
CHINESE CHICKEN STIRFRY – An easy and tasty dinner idea, Chinese Chicken Stirfry.