Lamb rissoles is an old fashioned favourite that completes potato mash and three vegetables as a great meal to feed the family.
My nan used to make lamb rissoles, old style pan gravy and three veg all the time when I was a child. They aren’t hard to make either!
Make a double batch, roll into patties, place onto a baking tray and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container to use for dinner at a later date.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix together with hands
- Divide mixture into 9 (or enough for your family)
- Roll in hand to make ball, flatten slightly
- Heat oil in frypan on medium heat
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side, ensure they are cooked through
- Serve with gravy, mashed potato and vegetables
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this lamb rissoles recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.