These Jam and Cream Muffins are a quick, easy and tasty muffin, great for lunch boxes.
Miss 12 made a batch of these delicious Jam and Cream muffins for the kid’s school lunchboxes. She followed this nut and jam muffin recipe, however she didn’t want to include the nuts. When we packed school lunches this morning Mr 12 put a muffin in a little lunch box and put it next to my computer so I can have it with my morning coffee. I just took a bite and it was so good that I grabbed one out of the freezer to photograph and share the recipe again with you. It tasted just like a jam and cream scone, she did so well, this is a yummy recipe!
Jam and Nut Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups SR Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 90g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup your favourite jam
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease 12 hole muffin tin
- Add flour and caster sugar to bowl, create well
- Stir in butter, egg, cream and milk
- Half fill each hole with mixture
- Create small wells in each
- Spoon teaspoon of jam into center of mixture
- Top to remaining mixture
- Cook for approximately 18-20 minutes
- Remove from oven when golden, allow to sit in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin pan gently, be careful as the jam will be very hot.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife