These Jam and Cream Muffins are a quick, easy and tasty muffin that’s perfect for freezing and popping straight into the kid’s school lunch boxes.
My youngest daughter made a batch of these delicious Jam and Cream Muffins for the kid’s school lunchboxes about four years ago, and we’ve been making them ever since! She adapted a nut muffin recipe to create this nut-free recipe instead – with the tasty addition of jam! These muffins taste just like a jam and cream scone – they are so yummy!
The first time I tried this muffin (four years ago!) was when my daughter placed one next to my computer so I could have it with my morning coffee. I took a bite and it was so good that I knew I would have to share it with you all one day.
I love to bake up school lunch box goodies that can be frozen (like these muffins!). It makes school mornings much less stressful because the snacks are there ready to be popped straight into the school lunchboxes. If you’re wanting more convenient (and yummy!) recipes like this one, be sure to check out my Lunch Box Recipe Cookbook.
Recommended Tools to Make Jam and Cream Muffins
Jam and Cream Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups SR Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 90g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup your favourite jam
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease 12 hole muffin tin
- Add flour and caster sugar to bowl, create well
- Stir in butter, egg, cream and milk
- Half fill each hole with mixture
- Create small wells in each
- Spoon teaspoon of jam into center of mixture
- Top to remaining mixture
- Cook for approximately 18-20 minutes
- Remove from oven when golden, allow to sit in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin pan gently, be careful as the jam will be very hot.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Jam and Cream recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.