Imagine walking into the house after being out all day to the fragrant aroma of a delicious Honey Soy Chicken dish that has been cooking slowly through the day.
There are many advantages of using a slow cooker, like buying the cheaper cuts of meat that cook tenderly over a slow heat. Cook healthy efficient meals for your family.
This recipe is an excerpt from Cut out the Crap Slow Cooking cookbook by Collette White, shared with permission.
Honey Soy Chicken
6 hours 45 mins
- 6 chicken
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup tamari soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2cm x 2cm ginger, grated
- good pinch salt and pepper
- 3 spring onions, roughly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- Prepare all the ingredients as above.
- Place the chicken at the bottom of the slow cooker. Add all the remaining ingredients on top of the chicken, except for the spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve with rice or quinoa and sprinkle with spring onions and sesame seeds evenly on top.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife