Honey Biscuits are a very quick and easy biscuit to make, you should already have all these items in your fridge or pantry.
I freeze all the biscuits I make. You can more about how I freeze biscuits and cookies here. I place them frozen in the kids lunchboxes and they are defrosted by morning tea time.
- 60g butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt butter and honey in microwave for 30 seconds, mix well and set aside.
- Add flour, sugar and coconut into bowl.
- Mix egg yolk and milk into slightly cooled butter mixture.
- Pour over butter mixture and mix well to combine.
- Roll out spoonfuls of mixture onto greased baking pans.
- Press with fork to flatten.
- Bake in moderate oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, after 5 minutes cool on baking racks.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe