Honey and Carrot Muffins
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup regular self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Prepare 12 hole muffin tin, line with muffin cases.
- Sift flours and spice into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and carrot, fold.
- Place honey, eggs, buttermilk and oil into jug, whisk until combined.
- Pour milk mixture into bowl with flour, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Rest in pan for 5 minutes, turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
SIMILAR RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
click on image to view recipe