I have never been a fan of potato salad, but I have to say that I truly love this home-made recipe. It’s so light and creamy and the flavours really hit you when you give the salad a few hours to settle in the fridge. I don’t know what it is that makes this salad so good, but using red delight potatoes might have something to do with it. They really do seem a lot fluffier and creamier than other potato types. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.
Homemade Potato Salad
- 1kg red delight potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 5 shortcut bacon rashers
- 4 spring onions
- 150g garlic aioli
- 150g sour cream
- tops of spring onion, sliced, garnish
- Boil a large saucepan of water.
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite size pieces.
- Place potatoes in saucepan when water is boiling place, allow to cook for 10-12 minutes or until just tender, do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, boil eggs, peel and slice into quarters. I then sliced them in half again.
- Brown bacon and spring onions in a frypan for 4-6 minutes.
- When potatoes are ready drain out all water and return to saucepan and place back over heat, shake the saucepan over the heat for one minute, this creates a rough coating on the outside of the potato and removes moisture. Remove pan from heat.
- In a small bowl mix aioli and sour cream until combined.
- Add egg, bacon, spring onion and creamy dressing to potatoes, gently stir together and place into a serving dish, sprinkle with extra spring onion and serve warm or place in fridge until ready to serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe