Packing your children lunch every day isn’t always simple. Some days you just can’t be bothered, and other days you just don’t have enough time. It can be hard to find healthy lunchbox choices that the kids will actually enjoy eating. Packing a healthy lunch has a lot of benefits. It boosts children’s energy levels and increases their ability to concentrate during class. It also gives them key nutrients they require from a young age. Regularly packing a healthy lunch gets them into the habit of eating healthy and sets a good example.
Here is one healthy lunch box snack that I truly believe your kids will love!
Find more details about Peppermint Oil here and how to purchase at 25% discount.
Healthy Choc Mint Fudge
10 hours 10 mins
10 hours 10 mins
- 15 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 6 drops peppermint oil (food grade)
- Line a 20cm square cake tine with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large food processor place all of the ingredients except for the peppermint oil.
- Process for 60-80 seconds on high until thoroughly mixed and fudge like.
- Add the peppermint oil and process for a further 10 seconds.
- Use your fingers to push the mixture into the lined cake tin evenly. Refrigerate for a least 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
This recipe is an excerpt from Cut out the Crap’s Lunch Box Solutions cookbook by Collette White.
LUNCH BOX SOLUTIONS COOKBOOKS – filled with 30 quick and easy recipe, each with full colour photos. All recipes are Gluten Free, Dairy Free Preservative / Additive free, Refined Sugar free and Nut free. These recipes are suitable for the freezer, tasty, healthy and suitable for all ages. Order here.
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.