My girls are now playing netball, I love watching them but for some reason I get really hungry. I don’t want to snack on hot chips from the canteen so I have been making and taking healthy snacks in the esky. These homemade healthy ferrero rocher balls are so delicious, only 4 ingredients and taste so very similar to the real thing! I am really loving all these healthy bliss balls, see links to more recipes below.
I roasted the hazelnut meal to give it a toasty flavour, if you don’t have time you can skip this step.
Healthy Ferrero Rocher Balls
- 2 cups hazelnut meal
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or cacao
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In batches toast hazelnut meal in a warm frying pan, stirring to ensure it won’t burn, stir for one minute or until just golden.
- Place hazelnut meal, dates and cocoa into food processor. Process on full speed for 60-90 seconds or until mixture combines together (this may take a little while, keep blending until it happens)
- Add coconut oil and process again for a further 10 seconds.
- Roll into bit sized balls.
- Store in the fridge.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
my recipe is very similar to Bianca’s from Wholefood Simply (great minds think alike), except I use coconut oil in mine, Bianca only uses 3 ingredients!! View Bianca’s recipe here.