I LOVE Mexican with quesadillas being one of my favourite dishes. So easy to make, a great weeknight family meal. Lay a tortilla on a sandwich press, add filling plus cheese, top with another tortilla. Cook until cheese has melted and tortillas browned. If you don’t have a sandwich press you could use a frypan, however it can be a little tricky to flip.
You could use a BBQ chook or be frugal and poach and shred your own, see details here.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped into wedges
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Salt, to taste
- 10 round flour tortillas
- extra cheese and sour cream, optional
- Steam or poach chicken breast, then allow to cool
- Shred chicken breast and place in large bowl
- Add oil to frying pan, when heated add onion and cumin, cooking for 3 minutes or until browned
- Add corn, capsicum, coriander, cheese and onion to chicken, mix to combine
- Heat sandwich press (if you don’t have sandwich press use a lightly greased frying pan)
- Add approximately 3/4-1 cup of chicken mixture on top of 1 tortilla (sprinkle with extra cheese and sour cream if desired)
- Add tortilla on top of chicken mixture
- Place on sandwich press and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes or until browned. Repeat with remaining mixture and tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 slices.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
What is your favourite Mexican dish?
click on image to view recipe