This tomato bruschetta mix on top of the oven baked chicken was a deliciously fresh combination. Another meat and 3 vegetables meal idea for you!
For a quick roast potato I placed some tiny taters in a bowl, sprinkled over some olive oil and sea salt, tossed to coat. Then placed onto a baking tray and popped them in the oven to brown, they were in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
I then browned the chicken in a frying pan and put in the oven to continue to cook through, browning is not necessary, this step can easily be skipped. I walked away and put some washing on the line. 10 minutes before chicken is ready I started preparing the brushetta and blanched the beans in boiling water. A filling but light and family meal.
Healthy Bruschetta Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- handful basil, chopped
- salt, to taste
- Brown chicken on a hot lightly oiled frying pan, only 1-2 minutes each side.
- Place browned chicken in oven on baking try and bake until cooked through, approximatley 25-30 minutes.
- In a bowl add tomatoes, garlic, onion, oil, balsamic vinegar, basil and salt.
- Spoon tomato mixture over chicken.
- Serve with salad or vegetables.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
Hope you enjoy this refreshing chicken family dinner idea!
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.