Lunch doesn’t always have to be a sandwich, you can switch it up with a salad, wrap or a savoury muffin. This is a delicious muffin, especially if you are introducing the kids to the world of savoury muffins. It’s easy to make and freezeable. I take them out of the freezer in the morning, place into the lunchbox and by lunchtime it has thawed.
Ham and Corn Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 150g shaved leg ham, finely chopped
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup grated tasty cheese
- 125g creamed corn
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven 180C
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin
- Place flour, sugar, chives and ham into a bowl, stir to combine
- Add remaining ingredients, stir mixture until just combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin holes.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from muffin tin and cool on wire rack.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
What is your favourite savoury muffin?
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.