This is a recipe partnership with Red Rooster
Have you heard of Pearl Couscous? I hadn’t until just recently, not sure why not as I enjoyed it immensely. My kids aren’t huge fans of couscous, but I like how quick and easy couscous is to make so I was keen for them to give it a go. I explained to them that it was a little pearl-sized ball of pasta, they love pasta, and I was so pleased they loved it!
I made this dinner recently by throwing together some ingredients I had in the fridge. The beauty of couscous is that it can be served, hot, cold or at room temperature, so it’s easy to create something to suit the current season. I served it with some Moroccan glazed chicken pieces from Red Rooster, corn and garlic bread…. because we like bread and garlic!
Feta and Mint Pearl Couscous Salad
- 250g pearl couscous
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups rocket
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Moroccan Glazed Chicken
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to the boil.
- Add pearl couscous, cover and continue to cook on simmer for 8-10 minutes or until all liquid has absorbed.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to a jar. Secure with a lid and shake to combine.
- Fluff couscous with a fork, then pour over dressing from jar, toss to coat.
- Add couscous, rocket, tomatoes, feta, and min to a salad bowl, toss to combine.
- Serve with Moroccan Chicken.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
This Feta and Mint Pearl CousCous Salad is enough to feed 5, store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Not in the mood to cook up a full dinner? Try Red Roosters Irresistible Glazes to give your traditional roast chook a little flavour boost. Free with any cut Roast Chicken. There are 3 to choose from:
- MOROCCAN GLAZE – A glaze for our Roast Chicken, with curry-like spices and a hint of chilli.
- GARLIC & SOY GLAZE – A soy sauce based glaze for our Roast Chicken with garlic and sesame.
- HICKORY SMOKED BBQ GLAZE – A BBQ glaze for our Roast Chicken with smoky notes.
Available for a limited time.
What is a quick and easy dinner idea your family enjoys?
This post is run in accordance with my disclosure policy.