I have always wanted to try this recipe, a friend of mine raves about it, makes it all the time on busy nights to feed her family of 4 children.
It was an easy dinner, but I would have to say, I’d probably prefer my crustless quiche.
Egg and Bacon Pie
1 hour 5 mins
- 4 shortcut bacon, chopped
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 10 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Grease a 22cm pie dish,, I use spray oil.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, cook bacon for 2-3 minutes until just golden, drain on paper towel, allow to cool slightly.
- Line the pie dish with a sheet of pastry, use a 2nd sheet to fill any unfilled areas of the dish.
- In a large bowl whisk 6 eggs with milk, parsley, nutmeg and some salt and pepper.
- Spread half the bacon on the base of the pie, then pour in the egg mixture.
- Crack one of the remaining eggs into a cup, then gently slip egg into the mixture without breaking, repeat with remaining 3 eggs.
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon.
- Brush pastry rim with beaten egg, then top with remaining pastry, trimming edges.
- Brush the top with the extra beaten egg and bake pie for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 170C and cook for a further 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the dish for 30 minutes before removing.
- Cool to room temperature.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.