I know winter is over and this dish is perfect for those cold nights, but this Tikka Meatball Curry is also a great go-to quick dinner idea too. This is a great and versatile recipe, you can make your own meatballs if you prefer and choose to use chicken, beef or lamb meatballs, whichever your family prefers. I like to serve this with steamed vegetables and rice to stretch it out a little further.
Easy Tikka Meatball Curry
- 500g pre-made meatballs,
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1?4 cup tikka curry paste
- 400g chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 410g tomato puree
- 1?3 cup water
- 200ml coconut milk
- parsley, to garnish
- serve with steamed rice and vegetables
- Heat a oil in a large saucepan over a medium to high heat.
- Add meatballs, cooking for 5 to 8 minutes, or until browned, turning occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Add the onion to frying pan, cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Spoon in curry paste, continue cooking and stirring for a further minute.
- Add the chickpeas, tomato puree and water, stirring well to combine.
- Place meatballs back into frying pan and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Pour coconut milk into
pan, stirring to mix through. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables, sprinkled with
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
July 18, 2019 September 14, 2018 March 24, 2017