Salmon Pasta Bake
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 415g can red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (extra)
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add spring onions and garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in lemon rind, cream and salmon.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle dill over salmon mixture and stir.
- Add salmon mixture to pasta, toss to stir through.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 3L capacity baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and extra garlic.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mix over creamy salmon mixture.
- Bake pasta bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife