The omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins in tuna helps boost circulation and improves heart function. This lessens the likelihood of you feeling tired and fatigued. Anything to help with an energy boost is welcome in my diet!! Tuna is a very versatile addition to any salads, rice or pasta dishes. I mixed it together with some mayo, boiled egg and parsley, topped with a little cheese and put it under the grill. The family rated these Tuna Melts a 8/10, which I am thrilled, despite the addition of the mayo this is a reasonably healthy lunch choice for the weekends. I think this will become a firm favourite lunch for after school sports on a Saturday.
You can use plain mayo and remove the capers if your kids aren’t fans. If you remove the capers, add a pinch of salt to the mix. I may also try adding some raw spring onions to this next time too, it may add a little bit of crunch.
- 425g Tuna in
- 3 tablespoons
dijonnaisemayonnaise (add additional, to taste)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 Hot Dog Rolls, lightly buttered and toasted
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large bowl mix together tuna, mayonnaise, eggs, capers and parsley.
- Season with lemon juice and pepper, adding more if needed.
one halfof hot dog roll with tuna, dividing tuna amongst rolls.
- Top with grated parmesan.
- Place under hot grill 1-3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Tuna Melts recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.