I think it’s perfectly acceptable to have toasted sandwiches for dinner, especially when you have had a nutritious dinner the night before and eaten reasonably healthy through the day. Toasted sandwiches are perfect for those nights that you really can’t be bothered with dinner, a great easy dinner idea that I am sure your family will enjoy too.
This is a very unhealthy toastie… filled with quite a bit of cheese and salami… but we throughly enjoyed it! Add one layer of cheese then top with tomato, sprinkle of parmesan, garlic salt and onions, then salami and more cheese.
I butter 2 slices of bread and place buttered sides together, then add the topping. Then add the top slice to the sandwich press first then top the toastie with the other buttered slice.
Easy dinner idea – Pizza Toasted Sandwiches
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 10 slices thick bread
- 10 slices tasty cheese
- 10 slices tomato
- 5 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 15 slices salami
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Heat a small saucepan over high heat, add oil.
- Once oil is hot add onion to pan and cook until translucent, approx 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.
- Lay out 10 slices of bread and butter each, place butter sides together.
- Layer with one slice cheese, 2 slices of tomato, 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese sprinkled over tomato, a sprinkle of garlic salt, onion, 3 slices salami and another slice of cheese.
- Place top slice of bread with filling into a hot frying pan or onto sandwich press (butter side down), then top with remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes or until golden, flipping half way if using frying pan.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
What is your favourite toasted sandwich filling?
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.