An incredibly delicious, fresh, and simple mojito cocktail recipe that is perfect for entertaining guests over the summer holidays.
I am not a big drinker, but I don’t mind a weak mojito, it’s utterly delicious and refreshing here in this Queensland heat. It’s super easy to make, and would make for the perfect drink if you’re having people over for Christmas or the summer holidays.
I used our SodaKING to make the soda water, but this could easily be bought from your supermarket if you haven’t got one. I quite liked how sweet this mojito was, but if you don’t have a sweet tooth, simply cut back on the castor sugar.
If you’re wanting an environmentally friendly re-usable straw to drink your delicious mojito out of, consider using one of these flexible silicone straws . + the pack comes with a cleaning brush!
- 1 lime
- 10 leaves mint
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- Crushed ice
- 50ml Bacardi rum
- Soda water – we used the SodaKING to make
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into your glass.
- Clap the mint inbetween your palms to help release the aroma.
- Add a heaped teaspoon of castor sugar.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Pour in 50ml of Bacardi rum.
- Mix to combine.
- Top up glass with soda water and garnish with a slice of lime.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Mojito recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.