I love having slice in my house as it’s the perfect snack for morning or afternoon tea. This slice is quite easy to make and I think the dried fruit makes it extra tasty. I hope you enjoy eating this Dried Fruit & Coconut slice as much as I do.
Dried Fruit and coconut slice
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 125g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease an 18cm x 27cm slice pan and line with baking paper.
- Add to a large bowl flour, sugar, dried fruit and coconut, stir.
- Add butter and egg to bowl, mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan and cooling on a wire rack.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
More recipes you may enjoy
CHOCOLATE COCONUT SLICE – This Chocolate Coconut Slice is a childhood favourite of mine. Easy to make, no need for an electric mixer and a nice occasional treat for the lunch boxes.
CHOCOLATE ROUGH SLICE – I can’t seem to get enough of anything chocolate and coconut slice. I like it how this slice has a nice soft base.
ZUCCHINI AND SWEET POTATO SLICE – This zucchini and sweet potato slice was a really lovely light meal, perfect for those very hot days to serve cold with salad.