We recently had friends unexpectedly stay for dinner, so I quickly ran to the grocery store to pick up something for dinner and dessert. I didn’t want to go to too much fuss, I wanted something that was quick and easy. We had taco’s for dinner and Strawberry Eaton Mess for dessert, only 3 ingredients and takes minutes to put together. It doesn’t look so great dished up in a bowl, but it tastes ooh so good and everybody was happy!
Strawberry Eaton Mess
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 pack meringue nests
- 350g strawberries, washed and hulled
- extra strawberries, to garnish
- In a large bowl whip the cream until thick.
- Crush the meringue nests and gently fold through cream.
- Finely chop 250g of strawberries.
- Puree the remaining strawberries in a food processor.
- Swirl chopped and pureed strawberries through cream.
- Spoon into serving bowl.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife