I am a huge fan of salted caramel and apple crumble, mix it together to create this delicious dessert, Salted Caramel Apple Crumble. These are reasonably easy to make, no fussing around with caramel sauce instead heat through the tinned Top ‘n’ Fill caramel, or you can make your own if you prefer.
Salted caramel apple crumble
- 6 large green apples, peeled, cored, cut into 2cm wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 400g can caramel Top ‘n’ fill
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- whipped thickened cream, to serve
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 90g butter, softened
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180C.
- Place six 1 cup ovenproof dishes on an oven tray, grease.
- In a medium saucepan, combine apples and cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on medium for 7 minutes or until just tender, stir often.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar and oats, stir.
- Using fingertips, rub in butter to make crumble.
- Add half the caramel, cream and salt to saucepan.
- Mix well spoon evenly into dishes.
- Sprinkle crumble over.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with warmed remaining caramel and cream.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife