Here is a super quick dessert to make when you don’t have the time or desire to make anything more fiddly but still want to serve something delicious. These Banana & Caramel mini tarts take very little time to prepare so you don’t have to slave in the kitchen.
These Banana and Caramel Tarts were very easy, bake the premade tart cases ahead of time, then when it’s time for dessert simply spoon on some caramel topping, add sliced bananas, caramel ice cream and then I’ve added Peanut Praline, as per the original recipe. However, I’ve made this a few times since, and just plain peanuts, chocolate flake or crushed honeycomb on top is plenty enough, saves the time on making the praline.
Banana and Caramel Tarts
- 8 small frozen sweet shortcrust tart cases
- 1/2 x 380g can Top ‘n’ Fill caramel
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup caramel swirl ice-cream
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place tart cases into oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove tart cases from foil and cool.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons caramel into each pastry case.
- Top with 2-3 slices of banana.
- Then add a scoop of ice-cream.
- Sprinkle top of ice cream with chopped peanuts.
- Serve immediately.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
SUPER EASY CARAMEL TARTS – These tarts have become a ‘requirement’ when I catch up with girlfriends for morning tea or dinner parties. View recipe here.
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE – I have a weakness, I love anything Salted Caramel. This Salted Caramel Sauce is super easy, can be made within minutes and ooh so good. Pour over ice-cream or pudding for a sweet dessert. View recipe here.
KAHLUA HAZELNUT ICE-CREAM CAKE – Easy to make and very refreshing on a hot summers day. View recipe here.