This is a childhood favourite recipe of mine. My nan used to add whole boiled eggs to this recipe and it was so fun to find it amongst the sausages.
I like it with boiled egg, because that’s what she used to do. But you can omit the boiled egg if you prefer. This is my favourite vegetable combo for this recipe, however, you don’t have to limit yourself to these vegetables, just use whatever you have in the fridge.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 4 boiled eggs, halved
- White rice, to serve
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sausages. Turn occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from pan and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Add onion to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle in curry powder. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir for another minute.
- Pour in stock. Mix well to create a smooth sauce.
- Add carrots, zucchini and sausages to pan. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Add cream and boiled eggs. Heat through for 3 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Curried Sausages recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.