A delicious Curried Fish and Vegetable Pot Pie recipe that would have to be one of my favourite dinners to have on a cold winter’s night.
This Curried Fish and Vegetable Pot Pie would absolutely be in my top favourites for winter dishes! It is a recipe I accidentally stumbled upon a few years back when I had my Dad and his friend over for dinner. It was a wet and miserable day and we felt like a really warm winter dish for dinner… a few hours later this fish pie was created.
I used a laksa curry paste as that’s what I had in the fridge, but you could use a milder paste or something to suit your taste buds.
I used an extra large rectangular casserole dish for this pot pie, and it made enough to feed 8 people. Any left overs can be used the following day for dinner or lunch.
Recommended Tools to Make This Curried Fish & Veg Pot Pie
Curried Fish & Vegetable Pot Pie
1 hour 20 mins
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.2L coconut cream
- 2-3 tablespoons laksa curry paste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 500g white fish fillet, diced
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Place cauliflower, sweet potato and carrot on a large baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast vegetables in oven for 30 minutes or until browned and just tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan add in coconut cream and stir through curry paste. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Continue to stir occasionally.
- Remove sauce from heat and add in peas, corn, fish and season with salt and pepper. Stir through to coat in sauce. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon vegetables into an 18-cup (4L) oven-proof dish.
- Pour fish and sauce mixture into baking dish and gently toss to coat.
- Place pastry on top of dish and trim pastry if needed. Brush each pastry sheet with egg.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Curried Fish and Vegetable Pot Pie recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.