I had my Dad and his friend over recently for dinner, it was a wet and miserable day and I felt like a really warm winter dish for dinner. I have to say, this Curried Fish and Vegetable Pot Pie would absolutely be in my top favourites for winter dishes, it was so good. I used a Laksa curry paste as that’s what I had in the fridge but you could use a milder paste or something to suit your taste buds.
This pot pie would make enough to feed 8 people, I used an extra large rectangular casserole dish. Use the rest for left overs for following day, dinner or lunch or halve the recipe for a serving of four.
Curried Fish & Vegetable Pot Pie
1 hour 30 mins
1 hour 45 mins
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 carrot, cut into 2cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1.2L coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Laksa curry paste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 500g white fish fillet, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced
- In a large saucepan pour in coconut cream and stir through curry paste, bring to the boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally
- While waiting to boil, prepare vegetables as per below
- Simmer sauce on medium heat stirring occasionally for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat, add in peas, corn and fish, stir through to coat in sauce
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Lightly grease 2 baking trays
- Place vegetables onto baking trays, spray with oil
- Roast for 30 minutes or until golden
- Place vegetables into a large baking dish, top with sauce/fish mixture and gently stir
- Place pastry on top of dish, trimming pastry if needed
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until pastry is golden
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Find my Creamy Garlic Prawns recipe here.
Find my Fish Stew recipe here.
Find my Easy Salmon Pasta Bake recipe here.