I had my Dad and his friend over recently for dinner, it was a wet and miserable day and I felt like a really warm winter dish for dinner. I have to say, this Curried Fish and Vegetable Pot Pie would absolutely be in my top favourites for winter dishes, it was so good. I used a Laksa curry paste as that’s what I had in the fridge but you could use a milder paste or something to suit your taste buds.
This pot pie would make enough to feed 8 people, I used an extra large rectangular casserole dish. Use the rest for left overs for following day, dinner or lunch or halve the recipe for a serving of four.
Curried Fish & Vegetable Pot Pie
1 hour 20 mins
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.2L coconut cream
- 2-3 tablespoons laksa curry paste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 500g white fish fillet, diced
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Place cauliflower, sweet potato and carrot on a large baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast vegetables in oven for 30 minutes or until browned and just tender. Remove from oven, set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan pour in coconut cream and stir through curry paste, bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Continue to stir occasionally.
- Remove sauce from heat, add in peas, corn, fish and season with salt and pepper. Stir through to coat in sauce. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon vegetables into a 4L capacity baking dish.
- Pour fish and sauce mixture into baking dish and gently toss to coat.
- Place pastry on top of dish. Trim pastry if needed. Brush each pastry sheet with egg.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Find my Creamy Garlic Prawns recipe here.
Find my Fish Stew recipe here.
Find my Easy Salmon Pasta Bake recipe here.