A delicious – and relatively quick – fresh and flavour packed creamy garlic prawns recipe, that can be whipped up with just one saucepan!
On Mother’s Day I had a craving for some really creamy garlic prawns, so hubby and Miss Tween spoilt me by cooking some for dinner.
It was so delicious, and I literally had to laugh out loud when hubby found a recipe that only required one large clove of garlic, yet he wanted it to be full of flavour so he used a whole bulb! I had to wait to see if it was the right choice… and he didn’t go wrong, it tasted perfect!
Once the prawns are peeled, this dish comes together so quickly.
Note: I have made this recipe several times since hubby and Miss Tween made it. It is sooooo good, and is one of my favourite dinners with crusty bread on the side. I don’t have the patience nor desire to peel prawns though, so I buy them frozen (usually when I see them on special). Frozen prawns will require a little longer in the pan to thaw and cook through, and you will find the sauce won’t be as thick when using frozen prawns.
Creamy Garlic Prawns
- 1kg uncooked prawns
- 1 bulb of garlic (12 cloves), crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 115g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- rice, to serve
- Peel prawns, remove tails.
- Add stock, cream and wine to a jug. stir and set aside.
- Heat butter and garlic in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour, stirring for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat, pour in cream mixture and stir to combine.
- Return pan to heat, stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Sprinkle in mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the prawns.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until prawns have cooked through. Keep an eye on them, don’t overcook.
- Sprinkle parsley into sauce, stir through, remove from heat and serve over a bed of rice.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Creamy Garlic Prawns recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.