This Creamy Chicken and Pumpkin Pasta is delicious. There are a few steps to make this recipe – roast pumpkin, cook pasta and make mushroom/chicken mixture. You can roast the pumpkin ahead of time and heat before adding.
I made the pumpkin when making the dinner and then started cooking the chicken/mushroom mixture 10 minutes later.
Creamy Chicken and Pumpkin Pasta
1 hour 5 mins
- 2 cups pumpkin, seeded, peeled and cut in 2.5cm pieces
- 375g dried fettuccine pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillet, diced
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 60g baby spinach
- Place pumpkin on oiled baking trays, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in a moderate oven for 35-40 minutes or until browned and soft.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and keep warm
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in frypan and cook chicken until browned over medium to high heat. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in frypan, add mushrooms and stir for 3 minutes or until soft
- Add bacon and continue to stir for a further 4-5 minutes or until browned
- Add onion, garlic and mustard to the mushroom mixture, stir for 1 minute
- Add wine and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half
- Place chicken and stock in pan with mushroom mixture, increase the heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for a further 10 minutes
- Add cream and season with salt and pepper. Continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes or until cream has heated through.
- Add pumpkin, parsley and spinach, cook for 3-4 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
- Serve with pasta, enjoy.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife