I really love Peanut butter. Whether it be in a smoothie, swirled through ice cream or even as an addition to cookies!! These Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies put a twist on the average chocolate chip cookie, adding a whole new dimension of crunchy, nutty goodness.
These Peanut butter choc chip cookies are so delicious, they are one of the favourites in our house. I usually put choc chips into this, but you could use raisins or omit completely and just have peanut butter cookies! If you are looking for a peanut butter substitute view this post here.
And of course, these are freezer friendly too so you can have them on hand for after-school snacks for the kids, or bake them in bulk and gift them to a new Mum or friend who is unwell.
Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar, until pale and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until well combined.
- Add milk and flour, continue mixing mix until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips, stir through.
- Using 1 rounded tablespoon at a time, roll into balls. Place on trays, flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
50+ Freezer Friendly Lunchbox Recipes
I have released my new eBook 50+ Freezer Friendly Lunch Box Recipes, which has all my favourite lunch box recipes that I cook my kids. Each of these recipes is freezer friendly for you to make for lunch boxes or to have on hand for after-school snacks. Rather than scrolling through my blog for recipes, they are all now conveniently in one place, click here to purchase.
Please note some recipes do contain nuts. Please observe all safe allergy precautions and school regulations when including nuts. Alternatively, you could substitute the nuts with seeds, dried fruit, oats or shredded coconut depending on the recipe.
Some more Peanut Butter recipes you may enjoy
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER LCM BARS – This Peanut Butter Rice Bubble Slice recipe is a great home-made alternative to the store LCM bar variety. View recipe here.
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA CUPS – I love nothing more than a quick and easy recipe to whip up knowing the whole family can indulge without the guilt factor. View recipe here.