My husbands favourite accompaniment to a BBQ is good creamy potato bake and I must admit I do love it too!
Slice potato thin to ensure it cooks well. Layer half the potato into a baking dish, sprinkle over onion and bacon pieces.
Layer with remaining potato slices. Mix cream, milk and stock powder in bowl, pour over potato bake, then sprinkle with grated cheese.
I may have left our potato bake in the oven a tad too long, but it still tasted delicious!
Creamy Potato Bake
1 hour 20 mins
1 hour 35 mins
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 6 potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 300ml thickened cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Heat oil in frying pan, saute bacon and onion for 3-4 minutes or until browned
- Layer half the potatoes into baking dish
- Sprinkle with onion and bacon,
- Layer with remaining potatoes
- In a jug whisk together the cream, milk, garlic and chicken stock.
- Pour milk mixture over potatoes
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake in oven for 1 hour
- Remove foil and sprinkle on cheese. Bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife