A deliciously soft-centred coconut cookie recipe that’s covered in a crunchy coating of crushed corn flakes – these cookies never last long in my home!
These cookies are so delicious! I made them on Sunday to freeze for school lunchboxes, but by Tuesday they were all gone – LOL! Next time I will definitely make a double batch.
These coconut cookies have a super soft centre, and a crunchy corn flake outer. It’s a great recipe for using up the crumbs left at the bottom of the cornflake box.
I know we are Australian and we call cookies biscuits, but I feel like biscuits are what I buy in packages from the grocery store. Cookies for me are homemade treats I create for the family.
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, a silicone mat, or use a silicone baking tray.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer, until pale and creamy.
- Add egg, mix.
- Add flour and coconut, mix.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Roll balls in corn flakes to coat and then place on baking tray.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Rest on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Recommended Tools to Make Coconut Cookies
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Coconut Cookies recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Pin this image below to Pinterest!
This post was originally published on 14th September 2013, it has been updated with new photos.