My kids love the Betty Crocker Cinnamon Crumb packet muffins. It is usually my emergency packet mix sitting in the back of the pantry. I really do prefer to make muffins from scratch so wanted to come up with my own cinnamon crumb recipe and here it is, the kids LOVE IT, it’s a winner!! Even better it’s made of all pantry ingredients and it’s so quick to make!
Cinnamon Crumb Muffins
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 85g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30g butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease or line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a bowl add flour, sugar, cinnamon, milk, eggs and butter, stir to combine, do not over-mix.
- Spoon mixture evenly into each muffin hole.
- In a small bowl add flour, sugar and cinnamon, stir.
- Place butter into bowl and combine butter with floury mix with your finger tips to make the crumb.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of each muffin hole.
- Bake in oven for 16-18 minutes or until golden.
- Rest in pan for 5 minutes, then remove and cool on a cooling rack.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.