Want to know the secret for an easy Bruschetta? Make it with strawberries! Bruschetta is traditionally made with tomatoes, but this Strawberry Bruschetta is a super quick and tasty breakfast idea for the holidays. This combination of fresh mint, strawberry and balsamic marinade on top of toasted Vienna Loaf or Sour Dough bread will be a delightful start to your day.
The strawberry, onion and balsamic combination may sound a quite strange, but coupled together with cream cheese it is soooo delicious, you really have to try it before you can judge it.
This recipe was a recipe creation for Bakers Delight.
Strawberry BruschettaPrint This
YOU WILL NEED
- 500g strawberries, washed, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 sprigs mint leaves, finely chopped
- pinch teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mascarpone cheese
- Thick slices of Vienna loaf, toasted
- Place strawberries, onion, basil, mint and salt into a large bowl, toss to combine.
- In a small jug mix together vinegar and oil. Pour over strawberry mixture.
- Cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Spread mascarpone cheese over toasted bread slices.
- Drain strawberry mixture from marinade.
- Spoon strawberry mix on top of toast.
- Serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #theorganisedhousewife. I’d love to see your creation!