These delicious melt-in-your-mouth iced Egg Nog Cookies are a staple recipe for the festive season, and a definite crowd-pleaser come Christmas time!
These Egg Nog Cookies are incredibly delicious! I took them to a Boxing Day party last year, and all my family and friends loved them. They are nice and soft, and topped off with the most delicious melt-in-your-mouth creamy icing.
I used straight rum in these Eggnog Cookies, alternatively if you would like this recipe for kids, you could use a rum extract like this one available from Woolworths.
VIEW RECIPE: Christmas Savoury Snack – Nuts & Bolts
Egg Nog Cookies
2 hours 15 mins
2 hours 27 mins
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 170g butter softened
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3 tablespoons eggnog
- In an electric mixture, beat butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, egg nog and rum, mix until combined.
- Place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Set aside your silicone baking tray, or alternatively grease or line 2 baking trays with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- Roll tablespoon of mixture into balls, place on baking tray.
- Bake biscuits for 10-12 minutes.
- Rest on tray for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add butter, icing sugar, rum, cinnamon and nutmeg to electric mixture bowl, beat until combined.
- Pour in small amounts of eggnog until icing is to your desired consistency.
- Top each cookie with a spoonful of icing and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Store in an air-tight container.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Iced Egg Nog Cookies recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.